|masterNick||Date: Tuesday, 02 Mar 2010, 19:21 | Message # 1|
Sibelius 5 gives you the Ideas Hub - the easy way to capture, tag, find and bring together your musical ideas. With Ideas Hub, you'll never let another flash of inspiration slip by again.
Ideas Hub comes preloaded with over 2000 ready-made ideas. They cover all styles of music and help provide useful inspiration for your compositions.
Stunning New Built-in Sounds
Sibelius 5 comes with Sibelius Sounds Essentials as standard – a 2GB collection of sounds selected from top-name libraries such as Garritan Personal Orchestra, Garritan Jazz & Big Band, Garritan Concert & Marching Band, and Tapspace Virtual Drumline.
VST & Audio Units Support
A huge variety of VST and Audio Unit instruments are available from numerous manufacturers – and now Sibelius 5 can play back using any of them! So you can hear your scores played back by the world’s most advanced sound libraries.
Panorama is a new, clearer way of viewing music in Sibelius. Instead of being chopped up into systems and pages, the music is shown in a single, infinitely-wide strip – far easier to read and navigate around. So now you can just think about the notes, and forget about page layout until you’re ready to print.
Easy Cues & Instrument Changes
Creating cues in parts is now the work of a moment. Just copy the music you want to appear in the cue, and choose Paste As Cue. Sibelius 5 does the rest for you. And changing instruments on a score is now equally simple.
Complete Layout Control
Sibelius 5 also offers users complete and easy layout control, covering bar and page numbering, blank pages, sheet music margins and more – making it easier than ever to produce beautiful scores.
Power Tools & Undoable Plug-ins
Incredible new hand written-style fonts, chord symbols, note names, functional analysis, early music and avant garde symbols, new plug-ins with undo… Sibelius 5 has it all.
Sibelius 5 supports the very latest technologies. It’s now a Universal Binary application, so it runs at top speed on Intel-based Macs. You can use it on the new Leopard operating system (Mac OS X 10.5), and it also has improved tab, mouse and scroll wheel support.
Playback & MIDI
* Full marching percussion playback (rims, spocks, shots, etc.)
* Show/hide empty staves when importing a MIDI file
* Export Type 0 MIDI files
* Set tick resolution (PPQ) of exported MIDI files
* Choose which sound set to export a MIDI file for
* Multiple input devices – no need to choose which one you’re using
* Alternate pitched & unpitched percussion playback on same staff
* Easier network installation using standard Windows Installer (.msi) package
* Scorch now fully Firefox-compatible on Windows and Mac
* Sibelius files much smaller – about 20K plus typically just 1K per page
* Export in Sibelius 4 format